VP, Data Engineer, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Big Data Analytics Centre is a business function under Data Management Office (DMO) that leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part within Enterprise Data Strategy & Analytics department that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and technology. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture.
In this role you will be part of the Enterprise Data Strategy & Analytics department that focuses on Retail, Digital & Channels with aim to enable analytical practices within these portfolios.
This is an unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.Job Responsibilities
- Build data pipelines through of a series of structured and modular data stages such as ETL. Continuously maintaining and optimizing these pipeline from development through to production
- Manage, build and deliver data models relevant to Retail, Digital and Channels portfolios
- Drive automation in data preparation, integrations and overall data management
- Conduct necessary data discovery, data mapping, development and reconciliation in Data Lake, whilst ensuring alignment on business definition
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management through problem solving, understanding data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations
- Contribute to data, BI & AI/machine learning roadmap through your expertise
- Drive innovation under the CDO’s guidance and directives
- Min 6 years working experience in Data Warehousing or Big Data modeling – preferably in Banking.
- Mandatory experience in ETL or other data engineering process via SQL scripting
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems (e.g. Hue, Hive, Impala) is mandatory.
- Experience in visualisation or BI tool such as PowerBI or Qlik is desirable.
- Degree in computing or science discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, IT)
- Good written and verbal communication skills – able to present in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuade action
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)