VP, Corporate Banking Overseas (China), Global Market Sales
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Global Market function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clientsâ€™ investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes.
The person will be responsible for supporting the Global Markets Sales â€“ Corporates focusing on China corporates to achieve its business objectives and regional sales targets.
This entails proactive marketing and execution of Treasury products (FX and derivatives) for the bankâ€™s existing Chinese corporate clients in Singapore and also pitching new prospect clients to grow the portfolio. The person needs to assist the overseas centers especially in the ASEAN countries to grow the global market business for Chinese clients as well.
This position is based full-time in Singapore. The person will be required to co-work with various business partners across the bank to propose hedging/investment solutions to meet our clientsâ€™ specific risk management requirements, and identify treasury cross-sell opportunities.
- Propose and deliver suitable asset and liability management solutions to the bankâ€™s China corporate clients
- Prepare marketing pitch books for client presentations
- Provide daily and timely market updates to clients
- Conduct regular treasury product workshops for relationship managers (RMs)
- Execute deals and handle front office operations for cross-border customer trades that are transacted in Singapore
- Recognized university degree with a minimum 3 to 4 years relevant work experience in banking, preferably in a global markets front office role
- Prefer candidates with good derivatives marketing skills and technical knowledge
- Proactive, driven and a good team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese for handling China markets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with colleagues and external parties of all levels
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)