VP, Business Support and Implementation Manager, PFS Cards & Payments
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
The Business Support and Implementation Manager must be able to achieve personal revenue goals by deepening existing relationships in assigned portfolio of merchants and acquire new business.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the job include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Sales related:
- Responsible for portfolio growth through a series of aggressive merchant acquisition, sales and relationship management activities alongside with sales team
- Involved in designing solutions for acquiring, growing and retaining business
- Drive root cause analysis/corrective action process to ensure account team is improving service levels by analyzing corrective actions
- Invoicing of services rendered and identifies inactive accounts for culling
- Perform Analysis on Existing Merchants’ Performance Portfolio
- Working with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to create new payment acceptance platforms for UOB
- Implementation and Ongoing Support related:
- Assist in implementation of merchant accounts to allow them to ultimately be able to accept credit cards transactions successfully.
- Establish and maintain the Bank’s payment infrastructure documentation and processes.
- Coordinate with 3rd party partners / vendors for fault resolution in a timely manner.
- Drive root cause analysis/corrective action processes to ensure the service levels are improved by analyzing corrective actions.
- Manage all payment and technical related issues raised by merchants. This includes technical and operational-related investigations.
- Gather requirements from merchants regarding their retail and e-Commerce set up, draw up the solutions flow and design the transaction solution that satisfy the merchant’s requirements.
- Work with vendors and Payment Service Providers to implement sales solutions and liaise with merchants to ensure that the solutions designed conforms to their standards.
- Business Process Re-engineering:
- Analyzes business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems.
- Represents the business unit to define requirements and business cases for the technology developments.
- Coordinates with business and operation teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance and may coordinate testing, and system techniques and controls.
- Requires knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) - Preferably worked on projects that included an interactive Graphical User Interface or Form
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Integrating the use of SQL and VBA to automate common tasks and expand the capability of the applications
- Able to troubleshoot common technical and programmatic issues
- Knowledge of Card Products and Payments Services
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to sustain effective relations internally and externally at all levels of a large organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Fluency in English with strong business writing skills
- Working knowledge of Merchant Acquiring and Credit Card business (preferred)
B. Personal Attributes
Driven, Independent, Meticulous, Enthusiastic, Self-motivated, Ethical
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)