VP, Business Specialist, Relationship Manager Tools Program, Group Retail
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.Job Responsibilities
The role is based in Singapore and will report to the Business Program Manager for the Relationship Manager (RM) Tools Program. The candidate would be a part of the cross-functional team supporting the strategic transformation program. The scope covers Singapore, as well as regional countries where UOB has significant business presence.
- Act as a trusted advisor for Sales & Distribution to document, articulate and prioritise business user demands related to RM Tools Program
- Prioritize business requests and co-create Solution Roadmap with technology
- Support Business Program Manager for program planning and prioritization activities
- Support effective business change by building relationships with business leaders, technology and operational business partners
- Manage the communication and regular updates to business stakeholders on program progress and issues
- Develop high-level solution to illustrate feasibility of achieving target business outcomes
- Align high-level solution with business strategy in consultation with business and technology team members
- Undertake evaluation of new initiatives and solution. Define overall considerations, including user adoption, business value and operations to provide a recommendation
- Lead, collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional and technical teams including business and technology teams to define/clarify requirements and ensure successful adoption of the solution
- Spot potential problems, recognize the risk impact and propose risk mitigation strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of relevant Wealth Management Sales Experience required. Team Supervisory experience is desirable
- Strong business domain knowledge in wealth management sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of retail banking products, processes and an appreciation of the role of Relationship Managers and their needs would be valuable
- Strong stakeholder management ability in handling wide-ranging and senior stakeholders (across segments/product areas)
- Prior project management experience required. Familiarity with SCRUM or Agile way of working is helpful, but not required
- Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)