VP, Business Risk Management (Private Bank)
As a member of Private Bank Business Risk Management (BRM) team, you will play an important role in assisting the Head of Private Bank in exercising risk oversight over front-to-back activities through transparent risk reporting and structured risk assessment. Specifically, this role will focus on risk assessment and reporting, incident management and conducting quality assurance through thematic testing and ongoing post transaction review. You may have to drive risk and control initiatives across Private Bank to implement new regulatory requirements or controls enhancement.
- Provide sound and pragmatic risk advisory to business and support function for initiatives/activities and project
- Perform quality assurance reviews through thematic testing and ongoing post transaction review
- Co-ordinate and manage the Private Bank Risk Forum.
- Perform independent front to back oversight for risk taking activities, including review and assessment of the completeness and effectiveness of support function’s controls.
- Facilitate incident management from investigation and assembling of root causes to ensuring measures identified is effective and sustainable.
- Tracking of open action plans resulting from OpsRisk events or audits are resolved and implemented within the committed timeline.
- At least 7 years prior experience in financial institution preferably in risk/assurance function
- Good knowledge of front to back process and internal controls within private bank setup
- Proven ability to balance business needs and controls requirements
- Independent and ability to work under pressure.
- Effective communication and analytical skills; has demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)