VP, Business Project Management Lead, Data Analytics & Digitalisation, UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.
In this role you will lead the delivery of business projects and initiatives (non-IT). For projects related to delivery of IT solutions, this role will represent the business, partnering with IT Project Managers from UOB Group Technology and Operations (GTO) Project Manager to deliver IT projects.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
You will be leading a team within the Business Project Management team. Your main responsibilities include:
- Define the project scope
- Lead the gathering, prioritising and validation of business requirements through interviews, workshops, working sessions (e.g. brainstorming sessions), and from other information and documents.
- Ensure project outcome meets business needs and is scalable for regional expansion
- For projects related to delivery of IT solutions, act as a liaison between the regional business and GTO teams to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions
- Manage, plan, prioritise and organise project activities
- Develop business project plans/schedules while balancing business needs and expectations.
- Identify and manage business stakeholders.
- Identify and manage business project team to major milestones.
- Define project roles and obtain key business personnel to support project roles.
- Prioritise and delegate key project tasks to team members.
- Identify and manage project risks throughout the life of the project.
- Preparation of training materials or overseeing the preparation of training materials.
- Clear and regular communication on project activities
- Communicate to management and stakeholders to provide clarity in the project scope, timelines, risk, benefits across the project life cycle on a regular basis.
- Champion business change management, ensuring the business is prepared for the change.
- Work or liaise effectively with business departments.
- Develop project documentation
- Write formal business requirements documents for projects/enhancements.
- Map as-is and to-be processes, design new business processes and re-engineer existing business processes, and define operational process metrics.
- Assist business units in creating quality documents required for project approvals.
- Partner with the business to create documentation for Senior Management on selected projects.
- Develop and maintain issue logs to ensure accountability for resolution of key issues.
- Drive project delivery teams and vendors effectively to achieve project deliverables and ensure project is delivered on schedule.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualifications with at least 12 years of working experience in banking industry, preferably with business / functional knowledge; of which at least 5 years of Project Management experience
- Experience in Advanced Analytics and Data Management is required
- Experience in facilitating the rollout of Asset Management digital projects will be preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action.
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative.
- Excellent written / oral communication skills to effectively interact with different stakeholders and external vendors, able to work independently under pressure.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)