VP, Business Compliance - KYC (Private Bank)
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB) | Date Posted: 10-Feb-2019
- Provide operational advisories to business units; assisting business units in operationalizing compliance policies/guidelines/regulatory requirements
- Provide advisories and supervisory services to the business unit for customer on-boarding and retention of customer relationships in accordance with Group Compliance (GC) - Anti-Money Laundry (AML) endorsement framework
- Perform review and monitoring of business unit’s adherence to the regulatory requirements
- Perform review and testing in accordance to GC Review & Testing program
- Monitor regulatory inspection and ML/TF/Sanction audit issues
- Work with relevant stakeholders to address potential issues/gaps identified arising from the on-going monitoring process
- Identify and assess money laundering, terrorist financing and sanction risk exposures for new business programs, and advise business on appropriate mitigating measures where applicable.
- Conduct Operational Compliance Training
- Escalate potential regulatory breaches in accordance with the escalation protocol, including ML/TF/Sanction issues and products or processes that pose significant ML/TF/Sanction risks
- Work with GC on compliance matters and initiatives e.g. policies, guidelines, framework, training, annual compliance plan etc.
- Conduct investigation into suspected ML/TF activities and where applicable, report suspicious activity to GC in accordance with the STR escalation protocol.
- Degree qualified - professional compliance certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant work experience preferably in compliance, audit or operational risk management.
- Good understanding of the various business processes supporting the Banking operations.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)