VP, Business Banking Credit, Group Credit
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
We have an opportunity in Business Banking Credit within Group Credit (Retail). The successful incumbent will be part of the Policy, Process and Portfolio Management team that manages the SME portfolio. The responsibilities include:
- Implement and review of credit risk management policies and processes
- Review and work with Products counterpart to ensure that Product Programs are renewed on timely basis
- Track and monitor Product Program performance benchmarks and work closely with Country Policy & Portfolio Management teams on Product Program, policies and portfolio issues
- Ensure that policy parameters are up-to-date in the current environment to maintain competitive advantage at all times and within the acceptable levels of risk appetite
- Understand the market and help to formulate growth strategies for different customer segments through tests and campaigns
- Provide training on Credit Policies and Processes including but not limited to Credit Risk Managers and other credit functions such Credit Management etc.
- Familiarize all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures in support of Business Banking Credit function
- Enforcement of the Business Banking Credit governance framework
- Work on initiatives/projects involving Credit Risk where required
- Degree holder with relevant background and working experience
- Minimum 6 years experience in SME Banking/Commercial Banking/Retail Banking, regional experience would be preferred
- Analytical mind with sound business acumen
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)