VP/Assistant VP, Secretariat, Group Legal & Secretariat
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Legal and Secretariat function is comprised of the Legal and Secretariat teams. The Legal team works closely with all functions across the Group to provide timely, accurate and practical legal support. This facilitates decision-making in the delivery of efficient service to our customers, while ensuring that the Groupâ€™s interests are protected. The Secretariat team supports the boards of UOB and its Singapore subsidiaries in the discharge of their responsibilities and provides advice on governance matters. It also facilitates communication between the non-executive directors and senior management, and manages the induction and professional development programme for directors.
As part of the Secretarial team, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Organise board and board committee meetings and shareholder meetings
- Attend board meetings, prepare minutes, board resolutions, extracts and certificates
- Undertake ACRA filing and SGX announcements
- Maintain statutory registers and secretarial records
- Set up group secretarial system, processes and procedures (operating manuals)
- Guide a team on secretarial practice, occasionally conduct training
- Liaise with Â regulators including SGX and ACRA
- Review and attend to share transfers, replacement of share certificates, consolidation and split of shares held
- Manage shareholder information
- Prepare dividend payments
- Prepare annual reports
- Undertake research on legal and secretarial matters
- Provide legal advice from time to time
- Advise on regulatory changes
- Recognised tertiary education in Law and qualified to act as company secretary of a public company in Singapore
- Good grasp of Companies Act, SGX Listing Rules and other business entities
- Proven experience in corporate secretarial work â€“ in business consulting organisations, financial institutions or professional firm
- Self-motivated and prepared to work hard
- Team player
- Proven leadership experienceÂ Â Â
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Meticulous and able to work under pressureÂ
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)