VP / Assistant VP, Portfolio Management, Group Wholesale Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
You will be part of the Portfolio Management Team and your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise in rating methodologies. On-going monitoring and review of model performance, as well as documentation of rating model manual and relevant rating process.
- Work closely with business users, risk management, model validation team and internal auditor on model related issues. Conduct training to key stakeholders and make presentation to various committees for model approval.
- Consolidate overseas reports, prepare, analyze and enhance MIS reporting for monthly meeting. Advisory role to business users on the application of models and the capital computation.
- Coordinate model-related systems development by ensuring successful implementation of internal rating models and correct capital computation in finance system. This includes preparing of user requirement, liaising with key stakeholders such as IT, business users, risk management, and performing User Acceptance Test.
- Participate in other ad-hoc projects and initiatives such stress test etc.
- Degree holder with a minimum of 3-5 years’ of relevant working experience in financial institution
- Relevant experience in Basel / MAS 637, credit model development or validation is preferred
- Strong IT, analytical and quantitative skills
- A team player with strong communication skill and be able to interact with people of all levels
- An organized, self-motivated person who works independently under multiple tasks and deadlines
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)