VP/Assistant VP, Group Audit - Innovation and Decision Science
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
United Overseas Bank (“UOB”) is seeking talented individuals for an Audit Analytics role within our Audit group. The candidate should have strong analytical skills and thinking with sound business acumen, experienced in project management, programming and analytical background with desire to proactively drive superior outcomes through usage of scientific approach and business intelligence tools.
Group Audit Innovation and Decision Science (IDS)
Group Audit IDS team champions the innovation by improving the innovative capability of audit function. It facilitates the innovation process to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency in terms of improved audit coverage, quality and business impact. It also leads and drives cross functional programs and projects as well as driving decision science adoption. Besides, IDS team leverages data science by applying statistical approach and technology advancement to gain insights so as to enhance audit findings and recommendations.
The role is mainly responsible for data analytics support for a large part of Group Audit (GA), to uplift the data analytic capabilities of the audit function and establish the infrastructure/ tools/ data to facilitate the innovative process for auditing. It requires analytical capabilities and skills to manage and analyze large data to draw actionable insights. Also, excellent coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders is essential to avoid working in silos. Experience in using analytical tools (such as SQL, SAS, R, Python), visualization tools (such as Qlik, Tableau). Experience working with Hadoop environment and big data technology is preferable.
- Partner with audit teams to identify the control weaknesses through analyzing large data files from various systems and understanding the business processes
- Develop sustainable and re-usable algorithm and data analytics models/programs to improve the audit efficiency and coverage
- Understand GA’s strategy and audit analytics roadmap in order to determine innovative solutions to support its implementation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support GA innovation and decision science development
- Assist the lead to drive sector-wide and cross functional programs and projects
- Identify new market spaces and facilitate ideas generation
- Develop and maintain dashboards and data marts to facilitate continuous auditing
- Research, design, develop, analyze and suggest new innovation and decision science concepts/ methods to be applied to enhance GA processes, including automation
- Leverage data science by applying statistical approach and technology advancement to gain insights so as to enhance audit findings and recommendations.
- Drive interdisciplinary approach to problem solving by supplementing data science with business perspective
- Participate in developing the data analytics and governance framework for GA
- Provide training to audit staff on how to develop and execute audit analytics programs
- Bachelor’s degree holder preferably related to Data Analytics, Statistics, Accounting/ Audit, Computer Science, Business Management or Information System. Related qualification and certifications (such as CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA) are a plus
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in audit/ business/ risk management/ programming/ software development/ data management or advanced analytics such as Decision Trees, Logistics Regression and/ or other various Machine Learning algorithm
- Practical experience of development and execution of analytics to assess control environments in internal/ external audit or risk management function
- Practical experience with data analysis/mining tools (e.g. SAS, R, Python) and database system (e.g. SQL Server/Oracle or other RDBMS platform)
- Familiarity with data management and Hadoop platform would be a plus
- Strong practical knowledge and hand-on experience in data analysis/mining and visualization tools
- Good understanding on new and emerging data analytics technologies and tools
- Proven track record of high performance in previous roles
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in a team environment with strong partnering and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and willing to take personal responsibility and accountability
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)