VP/ Assistant VP, Global Markets & Asset Management / Investment Management Audit, Group Audit
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The successful candidate will be part of the Global Markets & Asset Management / Investment Management Audit team. The team conducts independent audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of risk and control processes adopted by the Business. Our audits cover the Bank’s Global Markets & Asset Management / Investment Management business in Head Office as well as regional subsidiaries & overseas branches.
Apart from planning and managing audit assignments, the candidate is encouraged to explore and develop data analytics tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of audit tests.
- Conduct risk assessment of auditable entities in accordance with Group Audit standards.
- Identify emerging risks and industry trends and assess their implications to the auditable entities and the audit plan.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with various business & support units.
- Plan, execute and manage end-to-end audits covering the Global Markets & Asset Management / Investment Management business. Ensure adequate audit coverage.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required. Present concise and clear reports on audit findings & recommendations.
- Use technology and data analytics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit tests.
- Relevant degree with at least 6 years of working experience.
- Professional auditors or practitioners from the business with experience in treasury (i.e. front office, back office, risk management, product control and regulatory compliance) or asset management.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Robust analytical and problem solving skills. Candidates conversant in using audit tools such as ACL, SAS and BI tools such as Tableau & Qlikview would be preferred. Candidates with working knowledge of Murex treasury system will be favorably considered.
- Open to overseas audit assignments (15%).
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)