VP/Assistant VP, Financial Information Management - Process Optimization, Group Finance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group.
Financial Information Management (FIM) Process Optimization partners operational units across Group Finance to identify and implement suitable use cases for re-engineering and automation to maximize throughput and minimize cost. Our key stakeholders leverage on our process optimization skills, coupled with functional knowledge of applications to improve turnaround for result analyses and reporting.
The candidate will be part of the FIM department within Group Finance, with key responsibilities including:
- Conduct process studies and propose use cases that align to the Group Finance vision
- Review, re-engineer and design processes/workflows that are portable and scalable
- Create and maintain data visualization applications to support evolving operational needs
- Facilitate and manage the revision and operationalization of Target Operating Models with process changes
- Assess operational risks, support/manage audits and propose effective solutions for process and control improvements
- Degree in Accounting / Finance / Mathematics / Technology or its equivalent professional certification
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in the banking industry, with a good understanding of technology, data and operations of one or more of the following areas:
- Financial accounting policies
- Management accounting methodologies
- Financial/Regulatory reporting
- Active participation in at least 1 major project spanning multiple applications
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office Suite, SQL, Data modelling, Data Visualization tools, RPA and Workflow software
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument
- Results-driven team player with the ability to take initiative, handle multiple tasks and re-prioritize to meet timelines
- Possess a curious nature and an aptitude for systems-related work and a strong ability in process analysis and cost optimization
- Motivated to assimilate and apply skills/knowledge, as well as to inspire a learning culture amongst peers and subordinates
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)