VP / Assistant VP, AML/CFT Advisory, Group Compliance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in todayâ€™s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.Job Responsibilities
- Provide independent and objective perspective of AML/CFT risk through a robust risk identification, assessment and management process
- Facilitate internal stakeholdersâ€™ design of AML/CFT control processes and solutions that cut across business and geographies through practical applicability of regulatory obligations
- Monitor and perform regular assessment of the state of business compliance risks, and enforce effective remediation through root-cause analysis to address underlying issues
- Explore development of data analytics to enable proactive monitoring and management of AML/CFT risk, and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance review work
- Establish tailored AML/CFT training programs to foster compliance literacy and promote the Bank's compliance culture and ethical conduct
- Advise on and enable the prevention of financial crimes such as money laundering and financing of terrorism
- Advise the Bankâ€™s leadership on emerging AML/CFT regulations and regulatory issues surrounding strategic initiatives
- Build good rapport and trust with the regulators through open and transparent communications
- At least 5Â yearsâ€™ relevant work experience, preferably in compliance, audit or operational risk management. Experience in Global Markets or Asset / Investment Management will also be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of Prevention of Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Act and other relevant regulations.
- Possess market acumen to adjust and adapt to the changing regulatory landscape.
- Good writing and communication skills with ability to develop a strong working partnership with external and internal stakeholders.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- High personal standard of ethics, integrity and commitment to fulfilling the objectives of the position.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)