VP / Assistant VP, AML/CFT Advisory, Group Compliance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today’s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
As a member of a dynamic team in Group Compliance AML/CFT Division, you will provide oversight, advice and support to the overseas banking subsidiaries and branches on all AML/CFT related matters.
The successful candidate will be part of the Regional AML/CFT Advisory Team and the key responsibilities are follows:
- Provide guidance, support and advice on AML/CFT-related matters to the overseas banking subsidiaries and branches
- Assess and escalate significant AML/CFT matters and material adverse AML/CFT risks faced by the overseas banking subsidiaries and branches to Team Manager/ Lead
- Promote the awareness and understanding of AML/CFT regulations and requirements via formal and informal sharing, regular dialogues, training sessions, briefings and other means of communication and dissemination
- Track regulatory developments and industry best practices and analyse the group-wide impact they have on Group’s AML/CFT compliance control environment
- Assess and assist overseas banking subsidiaries and branches in obtaining Head Office’s approval on on-boarding prospective or continuation of existing relationship with specific customers deemed to pose higher reputation and ethical risks to the Group, including group exposure mapping
- Review AML/CFT policy and procedures of overseas banking subsidiaries and branches to ensure entities’ practices are aligned to Group’s
- Review compliance work plans of overseas banking subsidiaries and branches and track their completion
- Perform AML/CFT risk assessment in the rollout of new product/service by overseas banking subsidiaries and branches
- Identify systemic gaps and recommend mitigating controls to be adopted across overseas banking subsidiaries and branches
- Participate in special reviews and/or overseas assignments and any ad-hoc projects as and when assigned by Group Compliance management/Team Manager/ Lead
- Has a recognized Bachelor degree or its equivalent
- Has minimum 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in AML/CFT/Sanction compliance function
- Has a professional AML-related certification is an advantage
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possesses good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on multiple assignments
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)