VP, AI Strategy and Partnership, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
- To develop and implement group-wide AI strategy, business engagement and technical operating model
- To play a lead role in engaging business units for
- Discovering, defining and selecting AI related use cases
- Scoping, planning and delivering proof-of-concept projects
- To drive and deliver AI related programmes and initiatives such as model governance, awareness workshops, training, conferences and hackathons
- To drive and manage internal and external partnerships relating to data, analytics and data science
- Minimum bachelor degree in analytical disciplines (e.g. mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science)
- 5 to 8 years working experience in data analytics, AI and machine learning projects with involvement in the following areas
- Business engagement for opportunity development
- Hands-on development
- Project/Engagement management
- Well-versed in AI/ML concepts, technologies and applications
- Possess good understanding and experience in analytical frameworks and languages such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and SPARK
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills
- An analytical and independent individual who is also an effective team player with demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with peers and business partners
- Consulting, pre-sales and/or programme management experiences will be a plus
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)