Vice President, Policy & Advisory - Sanctions, Group Compliance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Group Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today’s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. We work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
The competitive business environment and constant product innovation coupled with the ever evolving regulatory landscape propel the compliance function to go beyond regulatory advisory to focus on active risk identification and management, instilling a robust regulatory compliance control framework and active participation in the provision of sound and sustainable solutions to meet the Bank’s emerging needs.
In line with this new direction, we are looking for strategic and forward-looking individuals with sound understanding of the banking business operations to join our dynamic team in Group Compliance Sanctions Division through:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain Sanctions Compliance Program and practices; risk identification mechanism and establish standards to be met by all regions and monitor adherence to program effectiveness.
- Contribute effectively for implementation of sanctions policies and procedures, training and risk assessment.
- Provide guidance on the assessment of complex issues and drive effective resolution with business and other stakeholders in Singapore and the region.
- Review inquiries from regulators and correspondent banks related to sanctions compliance.
- Collaborate with the Group AML Advisory, AML Regional and country compliance teams, Internal Audit and other control functions to ensure that sanctions compliance policies and procedures meet current regulatory requirements.
- Provide sanctions training to business and other stakeholders where required.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across the Bank.
- Monitor developments on sanctions related laws and regulations and maintain up to date policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist, and drive the reviews of transactions, deals, strategic initiatives, and other relationships to ensure conformity with sanctions laws and regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge and experience in international financial sanctions laws and regulations.
- At least 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in compliance, audit or operational risk management.
- Strong writing and communication skills with ability to develop a strong working partnership with external and internal stakeholders.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- High personal standard of ethics, integrity and commitment to fulfilling the objectives of the position.
- Ability to understand business issues and develop solutions that meet regulatory requirements while minimizing impact to normal business processes.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)