The position holder forms part of the senior management team of the College. Reporting to the President, the Vice-President (Operations) provides the leadership to the Divisions under his/her responsibility in the planning, development, facilitation and implementation of various operational and administrative strategies, policies and capabilities. A key objective is to develop and implement enhancements towards operational excellence, and to proactively contribute to and align with the strategic objectives of the College as an arts institution for higher education, and for its continuing growth.
Working in close collaboration with the Faculties and respective functional Line Heads, the incumbent will be responsible for the financial management and accounting responsibilities of the College, including timely financial and management reporting, and the smooth running of administrative functional areas reporting to the incumbent namely the Division of Information & Communication Technology, Division of Facilities, Division of Finance, Division of Admissions and Division of Student Administration.
We are looking for a Vice-President (Operations) who is enterprising and will contribute proactively to enhance the College’s high-quality service culture, and its financial and market position. The successful candidate will work closely with the President and Line Heads to identify, develop, enhance and implement existing and new opportunities and areas of growth for the College. You will also translate conceptual and creative ideas into successful initiatives, plans or programmes, weaving them into the operational fabric of the institution so that the College moves forward in a well-managed, financially sustainable but innovative way.
Other responsibilities will also include leading the logistical and financial oversight of the construction of a major new campus building, participating as a member of internal College Committees and Board and representing the College with external parties/professional bodies as appropriate.
- Master’s degree from an established university. A first degree in Accountancy, ACCA, or a recognised professional accounting/financial qualifications by ICPAS, CA or CPA, is desirable.
- At least 20 years of post graduation experience of which at least 10 years and above is in a leadership role at a senior level in established medium sized/large institutions.
- Preferably with substantive experience in a senior managerial role that involved managing budgets, tracking, monitoring and analysing business performances and providing the necessary advice and recommendations to management on various aspects of financial management.
- Experience in supervising IT infrastructure and services and other administrative areas such as facilities management at the senior level.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and motivating professional teams at various levels.
- Experience in managing transformation projects and the change process within an organisation.
- Experience in an institute of higher learning or in the arts development sector is an advantage.
- Sound financial and business knowledge to review, analyse and report to management, the Board, stakeholders and authorities on finance matters and to liaise with the external auditors. This includes a good understanding of accounting standards and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of trends and best practices in organisational and operational management and processes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills, with a strong capacity to build teams and to relate to people at all levels.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other Line Heads and staff at all levels.
- Excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Able to motivate others and to gain personal professional satisfaction through their achievements.
- Ability to work across cultures with different individuals and bodies such as students, parents, government, constituencies.
- Ability to embrace a student-centric service culture.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary, by email to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date: 28th February 2021 or until the position is filled.
More information on the College can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
LASALLE College of the Arts