Vice-President, Learning Development, Group Human Resources
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Human Resources function balances organisational aspirations and employee needs, as we accelerate and strengthen people capabilities to enable sustainable business growth at UOB. Our team of Human Resources specialists are guided by four employee commitments: do what is right, build meaningful careers, make a real difference and lead by positive example.
You will be part of the Reskilling and Capabilities Development team with objective to develop and implement organization-wide initiatives in Singapore and the region. These include diagnosis, developing and executing interventions. You will partner with business stakeholders as well as Human Resource (HR) team to diagnose business performance issues and learning needs, identify appropriate learning solutions to facilitate achievement of the business unit’s goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive learning culture in the organization, specifically on the adoption of digital learning
- Design, develop and implement learning interventions to address the group’s development needs
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to identify learning and development needs, and develop solutions to bridge the business units’ gaps
- Partner with regional counterparts to implement group solutions in the region
PROFESSIONAL / TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to develop a holistic view of performance problems, identify root causes, and suggest appropriate solutions
- Deep knowledge of instructional design and content development
- Knowledge of measuring and evaluating training programs up to Level 4 (Kirkpatricks’ Model)
- Knowledge of training and organizational development theories
- Knowledge and experience in implementing technology-facilitated and e-learning standards (e.g. SCORM, mobile OS, etc.)
- Project and Program Management skills and ability to facilitate and manage multiple priorities and/or projects including risk mitigation skills to help eliminate potential roadblocks in the design and delivery of training programs
- Ability to integrate and act upon the diverse perspectives of business unit managers, instructional designers, corporate HR and external vendors
- Communication, interpersonal, influencing skills and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design/technology, organizational development, educational psychology, or a closely related field is preferred
- Was a key member in development and execution of large scale L&D interventions
- Was part of a team or was directly involved in fostering a learning culture throughout the organization
- Experience in digital learning space as content producer and manager
- Familiar with learning management systems and digital learning platforms
- Facilitation skills (life and virtual) is a plus
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)