Vice President, Group Strategy & Transformation
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Group Strategy and Transformation function supports senior management and business heads in the co-creation and endorsement of the group’s 5-year ambition, strategy and initiatives to deliver agreed outcomes. When required, GSAT will also directly drive or work with relevant consulting firms, on specific projects to support business head decisions. GSAT as central PMO of the group’s strategic initiatives, will drive a consistent methodology across the group, and work with business to define and consolidate all initiatives required to deliver our group strategy, as well as propose prioritization and timeline for appropriate management approval. GSAT as secretary to senior management committees, will drive agenda, decision making and secretariat functions for Management Executive Committee, Management Committee, Transformation Committee and Technology Advisory Panel. GSAT also drives innovation for the bank through incubation of selected initiatives.Job Responsibilities
You will be part of an integral group responsible for transforming the Bank. You will be responsible to drive a consistent methodology across the group for transformation programs. You will also be working with various stakeholders across the bank to achieve this.
You will get exposure to different segments of the Bank and the GSAT function across various roles.
For the Central PMO role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide program support, working with Transformation leads to ensure necessary resourcing in place, co-location (if necessary)
- Ensure regular program cadence aligned to the new ways of working, with status updates by program leads
- Monitor and ensure programs are on track and flag out any potential risks, issues, dependencies or delays
- Update and administer program plans as required for program updates by transformation leads to the relevant Program Steering Committees / Transformation Committee
- Organise Management Executive Committee, Management Committee, Transformation Committee and Technology Advisory Panel meetings
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and ensure relevant follow-up
- A recognized tertiary education with at least 5 years of experience in the banking/financial industry or consulting
- Some work experience in program management
- Strong stakeholder management, with good relationship building and communications skills
- Strong influencer; track record of influencing decisions and opinions of others especially senior stakeholders
- Passionate about driving change. Having a curious mind to challenge status quo and provide innovative solutions and different perspectives
- Ability to anticipate challenges and proactively alleviate them
- Ability to work independently and to define deadlines in a flexible multi discipline and international environment
- Fast learner who can quickly adapt, prioritize and respond to the requests of multiple stakeholders with limited situational context
- Upholding a professional attitude that is reliable and with adequate discretion when handling any confidential matters
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)