Vice President, Business Banking Analytics
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
The role is based in Singapore and will report to the Business Banking Singapore Analytics Head. The Candidate will support Business Banking in analytics for marketing campaigns, product / program development and portfolio / customer management. The scope covers the Business Banking portfolio in Singapore.
- Support entire loop of marketing campaign management through data preparation and data analysis (conduct business requirement gathering, pre-campaign sizing, contextual leads generation, post campaign analysis and fulfillment)
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of contextual marketing campaigns to customers
- Improve the conversion rate of marketing campaign or activities through proactive application of data driven customer analytics
- Skillful in data extraction, maintaining datasets, design, automate and implement reports or dashboard through excel or Qliksense.
- Strong capabilities in framing and delivering Marketing and Product analysis to business stakeholders.
- Actively and effectively engage product and portfolio managers to understand business needs
- Ability to translate business problems and requirement into analytics solution
- Ability to work with people at varying levels within the organization
- Experienced in predictive models, machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques (logistic regression , decision tree, clustering, gradient boosting, support vector machine , etc).
- In-depth knowledge of banking products and banking industry is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative programme, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering, etc. Business, Finance and Economics degrees with a strong quantitative focus and highly relevant working experience will be considered. MBA / post graduate degree is an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience in decision science / campaign management / marketing analytics, preferably in a retail/SME banking environment.
- Strong PC skills: SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL / AS400 query and database familiarity; MS Office applications, including advanced spreadsheet and VBA.
- Knowledge of Python or R is a plus
- Analytical mind with sound business insight, excellent communicator (verbal and written), highly meticulous, and self-motivated
- Self starter, flexible with a proven ability to work well in teams, as well as being able to function with minimal supervision.
- Maturity that will enable the candidate to be a credible counterpart to business managers and senior management, and the ability to develop on-going ‘trusted advisor’ relationships based on the ability to understand, analyse, discuss and address key business challenges raised
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)