Venue Tour Guide (PT) - Singapore Sports Hub
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD| Date Posted: 6-Nov-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC
- As part of Singapore Sports Hub’s community outreach efforts, the Venue Tours Guide will lead groups of 20 – 40 persons and showcase the various aspects of the Singapore Sports Hub including its exciting offerings, events, heritage and history of the site and technological accomplishments of the project while making it accessible and entertaining for a wide audience.
- Audiences will range from members of the People’s Association; Grassroots leaders, Committee members, sponsors, volunteers, corporate groups, tour groups, school groups on learning journeys and the general public. Learning Journeys refer to all trips out of schools to provide a learning experience to students through visiting key installations in Singapore and to link the theoretical with the experiential. Such trips may take up about 3 hours per session.
- The Venue Tours Guide will have to be able to handle venue tours in English and any other languages would be a bonus. You may also be retained for other Guided Tours and be recalled when necessary. Those with time flexibilities will be preferred.
- Working hours and payment will be based mainly on the tour schedule and the number of sessions the Venue Tours Guide is required for. Work schedules will be flexible depending on employee’s availability and tour demands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of logistics before commencement of tour
- Conduct guided tour for various groups of people (e.g. school/corporate/community/VIP groups) and promote Singapore Sports Hub
- Manage and communicate well with people from all ages; young children & the elderly
- Required to attend at least a few training sessions with some extending a full day with on-site tours
- Other operational duties as directed by the reporting supervisor from time to time to assist overall operation
- Prior sports, teaching, customer service, entertainment industry business operation or social work experience preferred
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to speak other languages (Malay, Mandarin or Tamil) is an advantage
- Enjoys working in a team and working outdoors
- Prior experience in Tour Guiding or Licensed STB Guides will have an advantage but not a must
- Must be available for activation on both Weekday & Weekend Day hours
- Must be physically fit to walk for minimum 90 mins
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD