Venue Executive, Water Sports Centre
As part of the Venues team and reporting to the Venue Senior Manager, the position of Venue Executive will support the establishment, day-to-day and event operations of the Water Sports Centre. Working closely with stakeholders, partners and the community at large, the successful candidate will work closely with management to deliver the operations of the facility on both a day-to-day and an event mode basis for the benefit of the public of Singapore, elite athletes and visiting guests.
General Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the production of Concept of Operations for the Water Sports Centre, through research, partner coordination, and administration.
- Carry out various meeting administration procedures including organising meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and coordinating attendance.
- Under guidance from your manager, support the creation of an SSH policy and procedure manual.
- Lead a team of casual staff on day-to-day operations.
- Communicate closely with internal and external partners to ensure all needs have been considered when developing venue operations plans.
- Co-ordinate and supervise day to day frontline staff as required.
- To be a point of contact for clients, tenants, promoters and other stakeholders, always available to attend to their needs. Work as a designated representative of management when required.
- Take responsibility for control of uniforms, equipment, or other facilities within the venue.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the venue and provide site information to clients, customers and staff as needed.
- Monitor venue performance and operations, produce reports as required by management or clients.
- Complete operations administration functions as needed.
- Prepare documentation and information for staff, management, promoters and clients to enable them to effectively service all client groups entering the SSH.
- Support the delivery of the Events department and other partners during event days.
- Support and deliver community sports and leisure programs and facilities.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and regulations are adhered to and reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues.
- O levels/Nitec/Higher Nitec/Diploma/Degree
- Additional industry specific designations preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the sports and leisure industry seen as an advantage.
Essential Job Functions, Personal Characteristics, Competencies and Behaviours:
- Previous sport and leisure experience catering for elite and community clients is considered an advantage.
- A can-do attitude with focus on achieving results.
- Uphold strong communications with the wider Sports Hub team and external partners.
- Collaboration with internal departments and stakeholders, such as events, marketing, sales and sports/community.
- Develop relationships and conduct regular interface with the elite and community sports partners and other stakeholders.
- Support the planning, organizing and implementation of events from community to elite level.
- Handling enquiries from the public, clients, stakeholders and government.
- Liaising with community and industry bodies (including schools, sports clubs and other community groups).
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a diverse environment.
- Coach courses and manage on water rescues.
- Is a proactive team player and prepared to support the endeavours of the wider collective.
- Thinks laterally, sources creative solutions in the face of unique challenges in a high paced, dynamic and fast moving environment.
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication with strong attention to details.
- Powered Pleasure Craft Driving License.
- Coaching Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Shift work required. Unique morning/evening and weekend hours will be required at various times.
- Comfortable working outdoors for long hours
- Physically strenuous work environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Candidates who do not indicate current and expected salary as well as notice period will not be shortlisted.
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD