Vendor Managers (6-12 months contract)
Our client is looking for talented Associate /Vendor Manager who will primarily be responsible for (1) day to day operational management with the vendors; and (2) proactively improving business terms; while working closely with other functional teams to drive operational improvements.
The candidate should have experience analyzing business opportunities and building strong partner relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment.
The successful Associate / Vendor Manager:
FINANCIAL & BUSINESS OPERATIONS
• Analyzes vendor performance metrics to make decisions regarding pricing, selection, and convenience and drives for improvements
• Audits all vendor elements, performs deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes, and makes decisions based on data
• Act as escalation point to respond to vendor needs
• Educates vendor(s) on tools, processes, and resources
VENDOR MANAGEMENT AND NEGOTIATIONS
• Analyzes and identify retail selection gaps for vendor(s), identify growth opportunities and provides input to plans for assigned vendor(s)
• Audit vendor costs and ensures that procurement costs are in line with goals
• Creates and manages contractual agreements
• Implements promotional programs for vendor(s)
• Educates vendor(s) on program opportunities
CUSTOMER NEED AND INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE
• Be an advocate for a quality customer experience, continuously seek information on the industry landscape to improve and makes recommendation to the business.
AUTOMATION & PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
• Identifies opportunities to improve retail tools and systems
• Identifies opportunities to simplify or automate tasks to drive improvement on business performance
• Manages products from launch to end of life with goal of automating any manual tasks.
• Minimum a Bachelor’s degree ina ny discipline
• 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in retail, business management or consulting (could include buying, product management, financial analyses) with a proven history of delivering results
• Experience in negotiations, pricing or inventory management
• Proficiency with Excel and strong analytical acumen
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
• Experience in the following:
- Key account management
- Buyer (check department stores)
- Category management (check leading chains, e.g. multi-label stores etc)
- FMCG sales/ product management / channel sales in eCommerce industry
Remuneration: S$4000 (Assistant Manager) to 7500 (Manager) per month
Duration: 6 to 12 months contract to permanent
Working hours: 9am to 6pm / 5 days
EA License No: 99C4599
EA Personnel No: R1103861
EA Personnel Name: Jessie Hoe Huey Miin
Recruit Express Pte Ltd