FAC - SENIOR ENGINEER, GFTT UPW/WWT SYSTEM
Req. ID: 119585
As a Global Facilities Technology Team (GFTT) Ultra-Pure Water and Waste Water Treatment Systems Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible to provide high quality engineering services and specifications for the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of your discipline specific Facilities systems in support of semiconductor manufacturing across the Micron Global Manufacturing Network. You will participate in capacity and scenario planning across the network and evaluate impact of changes. In this role, you will support the Facilities Teams and Manufacturing sites across the network as a Subject Matter Expert through all phases of design, construction, installation, start-up, operations and maintenance and will ensure environmental, safety, regulatory, and code compliance. Responsibilities and Tasks
Design and Plan Systems and Buildings
- Provide system designs for safe operations and maintenance
- Develop, review, and maintain the equipment and component specifications and standards for the corporation.
- Ensure material compatibility
- Ensure designs comply with all applicable standards, codes, and regulations
- Reviewing of the capacity planning databases (with Base Build capacities, POC assignments, and actual field conditions) across the network and validating utilization and diversity factor assumptions.
- Review and advise sites on periodic system status presentations (system capacity, actual load, and projected loads based on all approved scenarios, key system accomplishments, and challenges/issues)
- Assist sites with the evaluate system and distribution capacity impacts based on scenario changes as requested.
- Reviewing and advising on scope for facilities infrastructure additions or modifications
Provide Project Support
- Provide Micron specifications and standards to Design Firms and reviewing detailed designs and specifications for the installation of new facilities infrastructure
- Provide support for cost and schedule estimates and justification for approval
- Provide supervision and coordination of consultant resources required
- Ensure appropriate communication with local facilities, Design, Construction, Procurement and manufacturing stakeholders as required to deliver project objectives and deliverables.
- Be responsible for the timely review of design packages and providing documented comments and feedback as necessary.
- Work with appropriate personnel to address problems or make corrections
- Ensure that scope meets requestor needs
- Ensure change management procedures are followed.
- Monitor progress and provide engineering and design support during construction as required per project if necessary.
Provide Technical Support, Leadership, and Expertise
- Provide consultation and support to Operations and Maintenance and Manufacturing as Technical Discipline Subject Matter Expert
- Analyze system designs to identify improvements that will result in better performance, efficiency gains, reduced maintenance, and cost savings
- Support sites with problem analysis using standard tools and methodologies as requested.
- Provide Technical leadership and support to Procurement group on vendor qualifications, Vendor Selection and negotiations as needed.
- Conduct risk and failure mode and effects analysis
- Eliminate single points of failure and mitigate risk
- Benchmark within and external to Micron sites on engineering and design BKMs of Facilities buildings and systems
- Own and maintain of Corporate Facility of Record (FOR) Standards for your discipline.
- Maintain leading edge applicable domain knowledge (chemical theory, instrumentation control theory, high purity principles, etc.)
- Maintain equipment support knowledge (reaction modes/mechanisms, hazard protocol, leak detection, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required, Master’s Degree desired.
- Minimum 10-year experience in Ultra-Pure Water and Industrial Waste Water Treatment Systems
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workload and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Good organizational skills and Service attitude
- Excellent communication skills and good team working skills, English Required
- Self-motivated worker
- Familiarity with semiconductor manufacturing and facilities systems
- Ability to travel internationally up to 75% of the time
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Facilities/Site Services || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Engineer, Semiconductor, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Science
Micron Semiconductor Asia