Trading Operation Executive
The Trading Operations Executive will work closely with the Traders, Charterer, Finance Department teams in across Sinopec Fuel Oil Group - where applicable - and will be held responsible for:-
- All operations activities are conducted in compliance with relevant operating standards
- Preparation and execution of contracts, credit, charter party, documentation, product quality, insurance, invoice, agent, surveyor and their implications on operation
- Working closely with Charterer to ensure that the business complies with Sinopec Fuel Oil Group Shipping policy
- Interface with the Financial Operations and Credit teams to provide assurance on trading operation processes and procedures
- Monitoring and manage operations functions including inventory management and logistic (i.e. liaising with terminals, vessel operator, cargo surveyors, agents and customers on oil loading/discharging. Operations)
- Maintaining timely and accurate records in the relevant systems (ERP & SAP)
- Monitoring and manage product stocks and components at the terminals, and execute component blending, if necessary, to meet required product specifications
- Interface with the regional offices regarding on operational decisions & resolution of issues
- Monitoring and verifying payments to ship-owners, agents, underwriter, terminal’s operator and surveyors
- Monitor and prepare payment to suppliers and customers
- Pro-active management and recovery of demurrage, oil loss and insurance claims
- Developing, maintaining and enhance the relationships with third parties / companies / associates, including terminals, shipping companies, surveyors, agents and marketing businesses
- Provide market intelligence to support analytics and traders understanding of market activities
- Support local or group initiatives, as required, that enhance value (i.e. ERP, SAP systems projects)
- Pro-active management and enhance commercial in the area of operation and risk assessment
- Manage and achieve operational and business goals through systematic planning and effective management of available resources
- Plan to extract maximum value by optimising on stock management, blending and efficient movement of products in the region without any compromise to Sinopec’s health, safety, and environmental standards
- Provide support and assistance coverage for teammate away from leave whenever applicable
- Time management and working in a professionally manner are required at all times
- Provide collective assessment quick and innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Build and maintain effective communication between & networks, both internally as well as in the industry
- Work toward being a pro-active, assertive, innovative and team player within the organization
- Abide to company’s policy, ethical rights and regulation requirements at all times
- Flexible to be assigned any other works/project whenever applicable
The Supply Operations Executive will report to the Head of Operations Team.
- 2-3 year experience will be an advantage but not necessary, as on job training shall be provided
A university degree holder preferred
- Proven team player
- Ability to manage time well and work under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain networks, both internally as well as in the industry
- Ability to find innovative solutions to problems (think out of the box).
- Negotiating skills, assertive and proactive
- Strong written and verbal language skills in English and Mandarin (will require to frequently communicate in Mandarin with counterparties in China).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of HSE requirements relating to operations
- Knowledge of product specifications
- Understanding contracts and its implications on operations
- Commercial experience in the area of operations and the ability to assess risks.
- Ability to achieve operational and business goals through systematic planning and effective management of available resources.
HOW TO APPLY:
For interested applicants, please write in with strict confidence, enclosing your full personal and career details, reasons for leaving, present and expected salaries and contact number(s) in MS Word or PDF format (Please avoid file size larger than 2MB) to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Our office is located in city area and a competitive salary package will be offered to selected candidates.
Deadline: 15 Nov 2018
Sinopec Fuel Oil (Singapore) Pte Ltd