Trade Capacity Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities
Sealand Asia is a regional shipping line dedicated to the Intra-Asia market part of the Maersk Group. With headquarters based in Singapore, we have over 1000 employees in 14 countries from East Russia to Bangladesh and operate a fleet of over 90 ships. We subscribe to the Maersk Group philosophy and core values which have been in place over the last 100 years and have a strong employee value proposition with career development and opportunities available globally.
As a company we have an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced work environment where employees are empowered and expected to take ownership and accountability for their performance.
As part of Capacity team the person will be assigned services and be accountable for the daily coordination and execution of vessel capacity planning in alignment with the respective trade strategy. Such will require a strong drive, result oriented mindset and ability to deal with a large number of stakeholders. We are looking for candidates who are not afraid of taking charge and extracting value from complex situations.
Main objectives will be vessel utilization, service stability, also cost control and support to the trade strategy. Ability to balance commercial and operational drivers are key to success in this role. Capacity are the ones who know the booking (volume) pipeline and provide uptake visibility to commercial teams designing sales tactics. The person is expected to lead assigned projects and assist the team to carry out some weekly functional tasks. As part of a team of 15 colleagues he/she will support colleagues in terms of occasional back up planning and knowledge sharing, also contribute to keep the good and positive working environment in the team.
In this position, the person will learn:
- Concepts of Line management, operations, commercial and yield drivers.
- Vessel optimisation techniques, balancing supply and demand
- Improve analytical skills and participating in decision making to optimise service results.
- Learn the dynamics of Intra-Asia trade which is one of fastest growing trade in the world.
- Exposure to and interaction with senior management team.
- Stakeholder management via coordination across functions in HQ and Country offices.
- Manage space allocations with the aim to improve utilization and Trade performance.
- Monitor booking (volume) uptake via forecast and internal tools
- Execute daily capacity execution process, including cargo transfer and prioritization
- Assist on development of seasonal network plans including rationalisation or extra loaders.
- Work close to Commercial teams driving volumes
- Work close to Marine Operations to ensure schedule reliability. Handle contingencies in case of operational constraints (i.e. port omissions, swaps, schedule delays, cargo overflows, etc.)
- Work close to Stowage Planners on how to optimize vessel intake
- Prepare and maintain contingency handbooks to facilitate daily decision making process.
- Assist Trade Managers and Network Planning teams with inputs for services improvement.
- Contribute with ideas to improve processes within the team and across departments.
- Highly analytical and comfortable working with complexity in a fast paced environment.
- Result oriented. Strong drive to perform and make things happen.
- Able to work independently and a strong ownership of tasks. Willing to go beyond the call of duty.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player, able to collaborate with colleagues across different functions.
- Process improvement and cost focused mindset.
- At least 3 years of experience in Line operations, capacity, commercial or yield management.