TPCE MOD/SSD Equipment Engineer
Req. ID: 121592
As an Test Probe Central Engineering – MOD/SSD Equipment Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the development, improvement and qualification of new and existing equipment, software and processes.
You will work together with other functional groups locally and/or globally to design, develop and qualify equipment, processes and software, establish roadmaps, strategies and new equipment capabilities that enable organizational and business goals.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Analyze MOD/SSD Process and Equipment Capabilities:
- Perform continuous gap analysis between existing module or SSD Test capabilities and product roadmaps to identify areas where development may be required
- Establish and maintain key technical roadmaps in conjunction with other engineering groups
- Conduct controlled evaluations and design experiments needed to understand the product, process, material, and equipment limitations
- Act as Module or SSD Test liaisons throughout the company communicating physical product requirements during design and improvement cycles
- Communicate and document product attributes, timelines, and test requirements for new product offerings as well as changes to existing products that will affect hardware and process
- Present technical information to a wide variety of audiences, including formal presentations (when necessary) to area, department, site, or larger industry groups
- Provide feedback from department Product Teams on product validation to external groups, and broker joint solutions between global technical teams.
- Ensure effective and efficient risk management strategy while developing new capabilities and new equipment ahead of needs through continuous improvement projects and reducing cost through continuous cost reduction effort.
Develop MOD/SSD Equipment and Process Capabilities:
- Drive required equipment/process improvement and/or new capability development to support product roadmap.
- Research industry capabilities/trends and regularly conduct equipment benchmarking exercise
- Support intra-departmental (and multi-site) teams in development of new processes and equipment capabilities to support product roadmap. Lead teams and drive development where necessary
- Standardize methods and processes across areas, departments, and sites as appropriate
- Drive product/process change in other departments (where applicable) to reduce test tooling/process cost and/or complexity
- Drive DFM/DFT strategies
- Work with equipment suppliers to develop new capabilities. Co-develop with supplier where necessary
- Clearly identify supplier and Micron intellectual property
- Bachelors Degree
- Engineering - Mechanical
- Engineering - Electrical
- Related field of study
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an Engineering role with direct product or manufacturing experience.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand engineering needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Demonstrate Project Management and organization skills.
- Good understanding of Micron’s manufacturing processes and systems.
- Proven ability to read and understand technical documentation.
- Ability to inspire others, foster creativity and innovation, and drive ongoing improvement of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a multi-national extended team.
- Ability to lead change and adapt to change within a broad matrix organization.
- High degree of self-initiative with an ability to think and act independently.
- Ability to provide attention to details and take ownership for a broad range of responsibilities.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of Micron’s New Product development and Product Life Cycle Management.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LY1 ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Risk Management, Product Development, Engineering, Finance, Research
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.