Test Program Manager - Core Banking, Testing Center of Excellence
GTO Test Program Manager will work closely with the respective stakeholders across the GTO organisation to drive testing transformation which is aligned to GTO’s transformation strategy.
The candidate will ensure the overall successful delivery of all testing services provided by GTO for any projects, change requests and production fixes for Data and Finance suite of applications.
The candidate is also expected to manage and ensure the successful the delivery of testing services provided by GTO’s appointed test service providers, and in accordance to the organization’s standards and processes.
- Overall accountable and responsible for delivery of testing services across the Data and Finance Program.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day delivery of test services by Bank appointed vendors in the conduct of testing
- Works with the testing service providers and other UOB stakeholders to review, provide feedback and sign off on the test strategy, test plans and other test service providers’ artefacts for the testing service delivery.
- Coordinates with the Test Governance team to ensure adoption of testing methods, standards and tools, and to coordinate any health checks or audits.
- Ensures that any changes to the scope of services are communicated to the respective test service providers and the impact is factored in to the plan.
- Engages with various UOB stakeholders (including but not limited to, application, security, infrastructure, business), testing service providers to ensure testing services meet the banks’ objectives and demand.
- Act as the first point of escalation for any issues raised by UOB stakeholders, testing service providers.
- Quantify, manage, track and report test related statuses, SLA and KPIs, and ensure that defined testing transformation SLA and KPI targets are met for the portfolio accountable.
- Drive and collaborate with all UOB stakeholders and test service providers to plan all testing related deliveries for the portfolio accountable.
- Participate and contribute in forums, as required, to drive testing transformation and innovation.
- Works closely with the Test Engineering Lead to provide inputs around domain specific test engineering requirements and ensure that they are met.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Vendor Test Managers/Test Leads for the respective domains.
- Engages stakeholder communities to get their feedback on testing service delivery and identify improvement opportunities to be fed back to the Test CoE team.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in computer engineering or related field.
- Proven working experience in test delivery or equivalent role with at least 12 to 15 years relevant experience in large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance and at least 5 years’ senior manager experience in testing.
- Extensive experience in managing end to end delivery of testing services from multiple vendor test service providers.
- Proven experience in testing standards, tools, processes & methodologies, frameworks, and various delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Hybrid Agile and Waterfall, DevOps.
- A proven, successful track record of managing shared IT service development and/ or IT Testing Services.
- Demonstrated success in developing highly effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver collaboration, partnerships and services.
- Strong domain knowledge on Cards. Experience in managing testing on Cardlink will be an advantage.
- Strong attention to details, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in managing multiple external testing service providers.
- Experience in managing multi-cultural, diverse, direct and virtual teams.
- Experience in various testing tool suites like HP UFT/QTP, Loadrunner/Performance Center/Sitescope, HP ALM / Quality Center, Tosca, Selenium, JIRA etc.
- Must display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, and teamwork.
- Excellent client facing, internal communications, written and verbal communication skills.
- Testing or quality certifications, PMP certifications, and Test Maturity Model integration (TMMi) Framework awareness will be preferred.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)