Temporary Relief Retail Assistant [College Shop]
The successful incumbent will play an integral role in managing the day to day operations in the College shop in the East Campus. We are looking for a positive and warm personality individual who is able to provide valuable customer service to students, parents, teachers and staffs of the college. The scope entails management of sales, stock taking, ordering and replenishment of products and merchandises.
Applicants please note you should be able to commit to work full day 17-21 August and half day on 22 August 2020.
- Handling of day to day operations in the College Shop
- Greet and welcome customers with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Able to provide excellent customer service by providing product insights and recommendations
- Ensure stocks are replenished in a timely and orderly manner for smooth operations
- Provide accurate cashiering and manage point of sales processes
- Takes initiative to familiarise with products to assist customers with their queries
- Other adhoc duties as assigned
- Able to commit to work from 17 to 21 August 2020 (Full Day)/ 22 August 2020 (Half Day)
- Minimum O’levels with 1 to 2 years relevant experience working in similar roles
- Basic understanding of managing, operating and handling administration duties in a retail shop
- Has passion and comfortable to work in a school environment interacting with customers from a diverse age group
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer centric, energetic and charismatic personality
- Takes initiatives to recommend ideas for improvement
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and Google Suites
- Will be scheduled maximum up to 5 times a week and the operation hours will be from 8.00am to 4.30pm.
Interested applicants, please submit your application via our portal by Thursday, 25 June 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia