Temp Administrator (3 months)
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Administrator is to interpret the needs of the guests and insure that these needs are met in an aggressive, positive manner, which will prove to the guest that the Marina Bay Sands is driven towards guest satisfaction by each and every employee they encounter. To insure that convention administrative work is completed in a timely and thorough manner as directed by the Catering and Conference Manager. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Marina Bay Sandsâ€™ policies, practices, and procedures.
- Team Leader for Support Staff
- Create and maintain files for definite groups.
- Generate and distribute convention resume within established timeframes.
- Maintain BEOâ€™s with regard to changes, guarantees, etc.
- Generate Memos, Letters and all written correspondence regarding convention groups.
- Direct and aid all hotel guests as needed
- Represent Marina Bay Sands in a positive and professional manner
- Interact with Sales Staff to create team approach
- Work with Group Reservations, Credit, Meeting Services, Banquets, outside vendors, and all other service providers to convention groups.
- Complete all work with attention to detail.
- Present a warm, friendly and positive persona to all guests
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years minimum experience in an office setting.
- Working knowledge of both MS Word and Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Marina Bay Sands appearance standards, maintain consistent adherence to the Marina Bay Sands Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the office
- Maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc.
- Withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.