Telephone Sales Agent - In-Room Dining
- Assist in setting up IRD & Private Bar in each room for the opening
- Assist in setting up the IRD & Private Bar workstations & pantries
- Attend all Pre-Opening Orientation & Training sessions
- Assist in the Recruitment of staff for IRD & Private Bar
- Take food & beverage orders via the phone and upsell whenever possible
- Provide food & beverage service to guests according to IRD & Private Bar specifications, courteously and efficiently
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and organization of the IRD & Private Bar areas and equipment
- Assist the IRD & Private Bar leadership team in taking orders, retrieve and serve F&B orders into the rooms and other designated areas.
- Exceed guest expectations
Functions & Duties
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu items available in In Room Dining & Private Bar
- All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in restaurant.
- Every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Daily menu specials and out of stock items.
- Guest room layout, table set-ups, hours of operation and price range
- Imputing of items in the MICROS system.
- Daily arrival / departure, VIPs
- Be aware of in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All department policies / service procedures.
- Attend line-ups with other staffs and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Check own grooming and attire standard.
- Meet with TSA, Servers, Assistant Manager or Manager to review daily specials and out of stock items. Ensure that other members of the staff are aware of such changes.
- Communicate closely with TSA and Captains to ensure quality service is achieved.
- Assist other IRD & Private Bar servers whenever possible
- Perform work and side duties in accordance with departmental procedures. Identify situations,
- Maintain storage areas with proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies as requested by superiors.
- Replenish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Take food & beverage orders by the phone
- Be aware of daily specials and upsell to guests whenever possible
- Open & Close Cashiers allocation & complete all required cashiers paperwork and procedures
- Transport linens to IRD & Private Bar whenever required
- Prepare special items for events in accordance with superior’s requests
- Attend meal breaks as assigned
- Prepare workstations & pantries, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all materials, equipment, service carts and trolleys are in complete readiness for service in accordance to business needs;
- Ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards
- Participate and Contribute in all designated meetings and training sessions
- Perform table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement to departmental standards; Mention deficiencies to the superiors.
- Daily check and cleaning of work areas ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Report any defects to IRD & Private Bar Manager on Duty
- Maintain the pick-up station and side stations, ensuring agreement to standards of cleanliness, supply of stock and organization.
- Inspect table / trolley set up before leaving IRD for delivery
- Anticipate, acknowledge and respond promptly to guests requests at all times
- Be familiar with all operation services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Report guest opportunities to Superiors following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction. Advise of the problem and if unable to solve the problem, ask for superior’s assistance.
- Be aware of guest reactions and communicate with superior and other service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that all tables & trays are cleared from the floors as soon as possible
- Maintain cleanliness and working conditions of departmental equipment, supplies, and work areas.
- Access allowed functions of the MICROS system in accordance to specifications.
- Ensure all assigned closing duties are completed before signing out.
- Take part in formal training programs on the required job functions with criterion expected. Participate in ongoing training with other staffs.
- Provide feedback of any problems to the Superior.
- Work to be part of a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Report to IRD & Private Bar Manager on Duty work orders for maintenance and repairs to be submitted to Manager.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up actions with IRD & Private Bar Manager on Duty.
- Successful completion of the training/certification processes
- Collect & Analyze Guest Preferences and Comment Cards
- Ensure private bars in all rooms are fully stocked with updated food & beverage items daily
- Complies and ensures Marina Bay Sands (LVS Corp) hygiene policies are strictly adhered to on a daily basis
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Completion of high school “O” Level
- Diploma in any field is an advantage
- Food Safety, leadership training program
- Minimum 18 months in customer service / guest contact roles, preferably in a hospitality organization
- Leadership experience is an advantage
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- F&B Knowledge
- Ala-carte service experience
- Bartending experience is an advantage
- MS Office proficient is an advantage
- Micros Proficient is an advantage
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Ability to lead by example with honesty and integrity
- Ability to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to lead a small & diverse team towards a common goal
- Ability to analyze and improve process and procedures
- Ability to interact and solve opportunities with employees and guests
- Ability to adapt and take advantage of different working environment, staff, guests and opportunities
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Able to lift up to 10KG without assistance
- Able to work on a 24 hour rotating shift
- Able to work weekends & public holiday
- Able to work standing up to 8 hours