Technician/ Senior Technician (Facilities - Dry Fire)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 29-Jun-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Perform maintenance and servicing of fire protection and fire alarm system
- Conduct troubleshooting, repair, testing and commissioning of Dry Fire System (Fire Alarm panels, Mimic panels, Detectors, Fire modules etc).
- Ensure quality works are be carried out on time schedule
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as required, including assisting other facilities department team members
- Job may include moving stock inventory check
- To perform all duties in accordance with MBS policies and within the realm of the MBS Company vision, mission and values
- Enforce all safety programs and training with regards to WSH
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure MBS competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment
- Minimum High School qualification or equivalent. Diploma holders will have an advantage.
- Candidates with lesser qualifications but more years of working experience, will be considered for the position of Technician.
- Must be able to communicate in basic English
- Must possess an understanding on the general fire alarm and protection systems
- Ability to interpret Fire Alarm Schematic Diagrams
- Knowledge of fire system codes and regulations
- At least 3-5 years of solid hands-on practical working in any Integrated Resorts, Hotels, Conference and Exhibition Center and/or Shopping Mall providing Customers Service, Operations supports, and maintenance of plant and systems.
- Sound working knowledge on CRA compliance requirements.
- Possess an understanding of local regulations, standards and ordinances on operations and maintenance of electrical installation, mechanical systems, vertical transportation systems, fire protection and life safety systems, and pools maintenance.
- Possess knowledge on renovation practices in terms of seeking approval and submission procedures to all government agencies and authorities.
- Preferably experienced in working outdoors and exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to noise, dust, and height.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, with an eye for detail
- Must be able to cope and perform in fast phase repairing environment in different shifts
- Can work with minimum supervision and at times independently, as well as under pressure.
- Ability to commit to working any day of the week, on odd shift hours when necessary
- Ability to withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods or prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without physical restriction.