SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD| Date Posted: 10-Feb-2020
- The role of the technician is to perform a routine and non-routine test to meet customer’s requirements, engineering standard and API standards.
- He/she is also responsible for assisting the engineer in troubleshooting test failure problems.
- He/she will be required to travel to support field commissioning of products if required.
- The technician will support the goals and programs established by the management team. Included in the roles and responsibilities of the technician are:
- Set-up and conducts routine and non-routine tests including mechanical, electronic and software of test setups.
- Assist with data acquisition setups and calibration of sensors and transducers.
- Collect, organizes and pressure short reports/data from tests performed.
- Works with responsible engineers and other technicians on the set-up, conduction, and data reporting on complex test assigned.
- Responsible for the assigned routine work, such as daily inspection of equipment, calibration, and preventive maintenance.
- Liaise with engineers, customers, and third-party examiners during tests.
- Maintain the test area to a satisfactory safe working standard.
- Responsible for the safety of self and others in the facility.
- Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a related environment in a similar industry.
- The Technician should be able to demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The Technician should be able to demonstrate strong electronic/software technical amplitude with the ability to build mechanical systems.
- Skilled in wiring, soldering and other electrical technician competencies.
- Strong computer skills and capable of configuring computer settings.
- Basic knowledge of Labview will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of ATEX or equivalent will be an advantage
- Language: Fluency, both written and verbal, in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good team player with high safety consciousness.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 4 Full-Time position(s) available.
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD