Technician - Design & Technology [part-time]
Reporting to the Head of Design, the incumbent will provide support for the Design Technology Faculty.
- Carry out regular preventive maintenance of tools and equipment, cleaning, organisation and maintain a safe, hygienic and tidy DT teaching workshop areas, technical areas, corridor and storerooms
- Ensure machinery, equipment and tools are in good safe working conditions for use at all times
- Ensure consumable items for lessons in workshops, storerooms and technical areas are adequately stocked at all times, using internal processes to notify of low stock and arrange replacement items as necessary
- Work closely with a variety of departments to ensure the smooth running of administrative operations for the Design Technology Faculty
- Assist in preparing displays and exhibition material and resources when required
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as and when necessary with team members
- Min GCE O Levels with relevant certifications and 2 years of experience
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent English (written and spoken), interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Keen learner who is able to adapt and work with minimum supervision
- Proficient in Mac platform and collaborative software such as Google document and spreadsheet
- Must be friendly, approachable and willing to assist in problem-solving
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Monday, 15 May 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia