Roles & Responsibilities
Position Title: Technical Writer
NextLabs is looking for a technical writer to produce impactful documentation for our award-winning Information Risk Management products. You will be responsible for communicating the function, use, and value of our products to administrators, end-users, developers, system integrators, and IT architects. Join a rapidly growing company that delivers solutions for an increasingly critical component of information technology.
Acting as owner for all product documentation in your area, your core responsibility will be to document features and products and keep pace with our rapid software development lifecycle. You will also participate in design, review, and testing cycles, playing the role of anticipating the impact of new products and technologies for our users. The team here is genuinely excited about our cutting-edge products. We are seeking a candidate who shares our enthusiasm and commitment to excellence.
In addition, you will be involved in writing content for our SaaS (Software as a Service) product website, and editing the UI text for the website. Ideally, you will have some technical product marketing writing skills for this task.
- Own all documentation in your product area.
- Gather information from developers and product managers and estimate the effort for documentation.
- Write content for our SaaS (Software as a Service) product website
- Edit the UI text for the SaaS (Software as a Service) product website
- Drive documentation projects from start to finish and keep pace with agile development.
- Produce documentation that is complete, accurate, and easy to understand.
- Learn and deepen your knowledge of NextLabs products and integrated third-party products.
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Communication role for an enterprise technology provider.
- Knowledge of FrameMaker and Oxygen XML Editor.
- Ability to write clear, succinct and accurate documentation, including conceptual information and procedural instructions for administrators, developers and end-users.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with globally dispersed teams.
- Some technical product marketing writing skills.
- Some knowledge of DITA XML standard.
- Experience with risk management or identity management software products.
- Experience developing documentation systems for applications in the Cloud.
- Experience documenting Java, C++ and REST APIs.
For immediate consideration, email your resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume]