Confidential| Date Posted: 2-Jul-2020
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
The Technical Superintendent is responsible for technical operations of the assigned oil tankers.
Reports to: Vessel Manager / Technical Manager
- Ensure that the vessels achieve the required technical standards and performance.
- Ensure that the vessels’ certificates and documents are systematically updated and stored.
- Effective implementation of the Company’s planned maintenance system.
- Prepare, arrange and manage class, statutory and other vessel surveys.
- Prepare, manage and monitor dry-dockings and other required repairs and maintenance jobs.
- Review and promote vessels’ crew performance.
- Prepare and manage vessels’ technical budget.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Tanker seagoing experience as a Chief Engineer or Second Engineer (at least COC Class 1 or 2), or at least 2 year of experience as technical superintendent for oil tankers.
- Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, management and communication skills.
- Able to speak and write effectively in English.