Fairfield Maritime Pte Ltd, Singapore is looking for a Technical Superintendent to join our company. The Technical Superintendent will be looking after assigned ships and assisting the Technical Manager to oversee day-to-day coordination and functioning of the company’s Technical Department.
The Technical Superintendent is responsible for his assigned ships towards:
Vessel performance Monitoring
- Monitoring and evaluating the day to day performance of the of vessels, ensuring that they operate in compliance with all applicable regulations, Company’s policies and procedures and initiating and implementing corrective action when such performance does not meet Owners’ standards.
- Overseeing the efficient operation, supply of stores (Luboil etc.), maintenance and repair of the assigned vessels in the most economical manner consistent with the approved budget.
- At least one detailed condition inspection of each vessel once every year, including structural assessment of cargo and ballast tanks, where available completing the relevant ship visit reports, tracking and dealing with the findings, their follow-up and their timely close-out with managers. As far as possible these inspections will be a short sailing inspection.
- Part of the New Building projects team, review plans and visit shipyard in building stage, Sea trails and delivery/handover.
Dry-docking and repairs
- Prepare dry-dock budget estimation for dry-docking projects due in the year
- Preparing dry-docking and repair specifications by sailing on board. Finalizing dry-docking specifications by working with managers on getting quotations, making comparisons and suggesting the most suitable yard for the planned dry-docking to the management.
- Communicating, coordinating and attending dry-dockings and repairs (including floating repairs)
- Ideal candidate must be a Singapore based, experienced Chief Engineer with experience ashore as a Technical Superintendent role for a few years who is able to work in a small team independently with dynamic job requirements. SUS chemical tanker experience will be added advantage.
- A good team player, meticulous, able to multi-task.
- Good communication, judgement and problem-solving ability.
If you interested for the position, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
Please indicate your last drawn salary, expected salary, date of availability, and references in your resume.
We regret that only selected candidates would be contacted. Thank you very much.
Fairfield Maritime Pte Ltd