Technical Operations Manager
Headquartered in Singapore, vCargo Cloud (VCC) is the leading Infocomm Technology (ICT) solutions and service provider in Asia, specialize in offering technological solutions to governments and enterprises worldwide, in the domain of trade and logistics. We provide e-trade and e-freight solutions through VCC CamelONE platform, connecting key stakeholders in the trade and logistics industry globally; including government agencies, traders, freight forwarders, carriers and financial institutions.
Backed by a team of experienced and dedicated IT and logistics professionals, VCC revolutionizes the e-logistics marketplace through designing and providing an IT infrastructure consisting of a cloud messaging platform that enables the exchange of digitalised data for cargo and financial information, allowing stakeholders in trade, logistics and supply chain to communicate and collaborate virtually on the platform, simplifying cross-border trade.
On an international level, VCC’s strategic partners include Asian Development Bank, International Air Transport Association, International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations, Kenya Trade Network Agency, Mauritius Network Services. Additionally, we also work closely with Singapore government agencies including CAAS, Enterprise Singapore, IMDA, SCE, Singapore Customs, as well as chambers and industrial associations.
To find out more about VCC’s product and service offerings, visit www.vcargocloud.com
Summary of Position
The role of a technical operations manager is a leadership position responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing organizational technical processes from start to finish, maintaining the technical goals of the company and address any future potential needs. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to operational governance and technical guidelines.
Manage a team of System Engineers and a Database Administrator to maintain the existing and new infrastructure for our applications, including:
a) Servers and Networking Devices
b) Operating Systems (Linux, Unix and Windows)
c) Firewall and other Security Devices
d) RDBMS (Database Servers, Oracle, MS SQL and My SQL), including DB Tuning
e) Web Servers and Application Servers (Tomcat), including Performance Tuning
2. Lead a team to evaluate, procure and setting up of new infrastructure for our applications in Singapore and overseas (Working with partners for overseas setup), including:
a) Setup and Installation of Servers and Networking Devices
b) Installation and Hardening of Operating Systems (Linux, Unix and Windows)
c) Setup of Firewall and other Security Devices
d) Installation and Configuration of RDBMS (Database Servers, Oracle, MS SQL and My SQL)
e) Installation and Configuration of Web Servers and Application Servers (Tomcat)
3. Lead a team to provide 24 X 7 Technical support on hardware, O/S, application server and database server issues.
4. Lead a team to monitor system daily and respond on issues.
5. Create and verify backup and housekeeping of servers and applications.
6. Create, and update processes for technical operations of software, equipment and systems.
7. Manage team to work with developers to deploy applications into production systems.
8. Work with Data Centres to manage the hosting and uptime of our applications.
9. Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
10. Manage inhouse IT systems, including Sharepoint.
- Preferably DBA (Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL) knowledge.
- Preferably Application Server Administration (Tomcat) knowledge.
- Preferably CISSP or similar qualification.
- More than 5 years’ experience in managing servers, networking equipment, application servers and database servers.