Technical Officer (Operations)
PacificLight Power Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 5-Dec-2018
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Ensure safe and efficient operation in a Combined Cycle Power Plant.
- Prepare generating unit activities to come on stream in accordance with real time dispatch schedule.
- Monitor performance and maintain optimum unit efficient during operations.
- Respond appropriately to system defects, and rectify problems as required.
- Investigate plant abnormalities, and take corrective course of action during shift (plant trips, unit de-ration, occurrence of fire etc.)
- Carry out all Plant operating activities, including isolation, in line with operational guidelines.
- Carry out all routine Plant tests and periodic auxiliary equipment changeover in accordance with approved procedures and schedules.
- Schedule, act and document authorities for maintenance work as required.
- Identify and report defective plant and equipment.
- Carry out first-level maintenance as required.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date and timely records of all key operational activities.
- Preferably Degree or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant operation experience in Combined Cycle Power Plants or related industries
- Candidates should ideally have good knowledge of plant processes and operations, with relevant experience in Combined Cycle Power Plants or related industries.
- Self-motivated, independent, and possess sound analytical and communication skills, and is a team player.
- Preferably 2nd Grade Engineer (steam) certificate of competency or 2nd Grade Engineer (internal combustion engine) certificate of competency awarded by Ministry of Manpower
- Must not be suffering from colour blindness due to work requirement to handle equipment or machinery.
- Jurong Island
- Must be able to work on 12-hour rotating shifts.
PacificLight Power Pte Ltd