• You will be responsible for the overall management of the technical aspects of our fleet. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.
• Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to company’s requirement.
• Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc
• Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
• Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
• Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
• Ensure that all copies of statutory, solas and equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc) are properly maintained and documented
• Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at home port and overseas.
• Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc
• Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections
• Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey
• Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels
• Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements
• Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance
• Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division.
• Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards
• Ensure and maintain vessels’ zero loss time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, Near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
• Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
• COC class 2 with 4 years of experience in similar capacity/ 5 years of experience in similar capacity
• Possess good organisational and communication skills and hands-on.
• Independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure to meet deadline
• Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving
• Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
• Able to conduct effective stand-up training for vessel crews
• Ability to travel within short notice as required