Technical Manager ( Gas/ Petrochemical Products)
SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 10-May-2019
EA Licence No: 10C4942|EA Personal Registration No: 1221389
Bachelor's / Honours
- Assist the Lab Management on Technical and Quality issue,
- Drive and embark on new lab capability, to ensure that the lab is ahead of industry normand competitors
- Improve on the lab process and train/impart Technical knowledge to staffs
- Asses lab instruments/equipment and facility, make recommendation and improvement
- Conduct inter-departmental quality audits. Provide quality assurance to clients by constantly reviewing their quality needs and implement new strategies as necessary.
- Responsible for development of new test methods and improvement of current methods.
- Support and maintain the Laboratory Quality System.
- Conduct training
- Calibrate and maintain equipment and apparatus.
- Conduct analysis of samples and other tests.
- Verify test results and records of analysis.
- In liaison with the Head Laboratory, to raise and update standard and in-house test methods and procedures.
- To set up new methods and develop tests as required.
- To team up with quality personnel on specific quality related issues.
- To contribute to planning and policy of the laboratory.
- Organize validations and proficiency testing as appropriate and co-ordinate round robins testing.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted within clients and recognized industry health and safety regulations.
- Lead and perform any tasks/project as and when required by management.
- To provide development and training of laboratory staffs
- To support the company at meetings with clients in order to give technical advice and resolve problems.
- Prepare standard reagents
- Perform technical purchases
- Degree in Chemistry / Microbiology or related field
- 4 years quality assurance / management experience in handling gas/petrochemical products
- Able to coordinate and motivate a team towards a common goal
- Able to maintain highest quality standard all the time
- Able to maintain good turn around time (TAT) and on time delivery (OTD)
- Technical knowledge and experience in related field and in using quality management methods and tools
- Able to work independently and to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Able to interact with all levels of management, suppliers and clients
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skill
- Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls
- Works well under pressure, challenges status quo
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of ISO systems and procedures
SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd