Technical Crew (Casual Position)
We are looking for technical crew to work on a casual basis (hourly-rated) to assist in the technical support for stage productions and other activities for the arts centre.
The technical crew will need to apply his knowledge and skills under the supervision of the Senior Technicians for straightforward routines and procedures including ensuring health and safety procedures are complied to.
Production and technical services and operations including:
- Support the technical needs in the areas of Staging, Lighting, Sound and Audiovisual including load in and out, equipment checks and maintenance, plotting sessions, rehearsals and performances
- Ensure a high level of safety, quality service and craftsmanship is maintained.
- Housekeeping of all technical equipment and production areas
- GCE “O” Levels or NITEC or Higher NITEC in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications in a similar field (technical areas).
- Trained in Technical Theatre such as; Stage Lighting, Live Audio reinforcement, Mechanics, Carpentry, Metal Work, Rigging, Scaffolding, Electricity, Electronics.
- Professional experience in the Performing Arts / Live Entertainment industry or similar or related field or trade is an asset.
- Willingness to work within a team and accept direction is essential.
- Adept at working safely with hand and power tools including while working at height.
- Communication skills are important.
We invite you to apply with your resume if you are keen to join us as a casual technical crew.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your interest in the position and in the Esplanade.
The Esplanade Co Ltd