Technical Artist, VFX
- Join a leading game development firm in the region
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package
- Opportunity for career progression
Our client is a leading game development studio in Asia Pacific with a presence in Singapore more than a decade. The Singapore office has a multicultural team with over 30 different nationalities and is rapidly expanding as a result of the company's continued success in creating memorable gameplay experiences.
As a Technical Artist, you will work closely with the rendering team on the technical constraints and with the VFX team on the implementation and optimization.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering the best possible quality within the constraints of our technology.
- Gatekeeper of tech art budgets, pushing for top quality and framerate.
- Actively involved in the integration of VFX with technology. Work closely with the programming team to get a functional pass of the system before the VFX/artists team are able to iterate on the quality.
- Support the VFX team by creating and iterating on game assets including geometry, full-screen post effects, custom shaders.
- Optimize visual effects to ensure we’re running at acceptable FPS on the target platforms.
- In cooperation with the rendering team, support/propose the realization of innovative solutions to improve topics such as sails quality, smoke, fire and water quality, combat VFX. •
- Detecting and raising potential flags arising from new features requests. •
- Work with the rendering and VFX team to ensure that all the assets conform to requirements
- Track and manage with programmers needed improvements and bugs fixes.
- Work with art team members to teach them "best practices" and techniques.
- Provide ongoing technical support regarding tools and engine to every FX team member. •
- Test FX tools before deployment and make sure they function correctly throughout production.
- Communicate memory and performance budgets and work with the art team to ensure they are followed.
- You possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You have at least 3 years experience, ideally within a Design or Software Engineer role.
- You possess strong knowledge of shading languages (HLSL, GLSL), other programming languages (C#, C++,) and scripting languages (Python)
- You have good knowledge and understanding of the video game (current gen) development processes and techniques
- You have a strong understanding of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines
- You possess experience in collaborating with graphic programmers and mentoring artist
- You have a strong overall knowledge of 3DS Max (modeling, texturing, lighting)
- Expertise in Video / Interactive Design would be highly valuable.
- You are a good multi-tasker who can work within tight deadlines.
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can articulate your ideas to different stakeholders.
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data
- You are highly goal driven and work well in fast paced environments
Ref : 57900431
Snaphunt Pte Ltd