Team Lead, Business Development
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!As part of the Sales & Marketing division of AIA Corporate Solutions for the tied agency distribution channel, and reporting to the Section Head of Sales and Marketing (Agency), this candidate would be responsible for leading a team of Business Development Managers (BDM) for the acquisition of new business for AIA Corporate Solutions (CS) by assisting tied agency distribution in their prospecting effort to acquire new corporate customers
- Responsible for leading a team of Business Development Managers to achieve new business sales targets and other key performance indicators as prescribed by the company;
- Ability to assist Section Head of Sales & Marketing with weekly management reporting on new business pipeline and status of premium collection; Providence of timely and accurate prospect information and sales activity data for the purposes of management reporting and sales forecasting;
- Ability to conduct weekly sales meeting with BDMs to ensure strong new business pipeline and timely premium collection;
- Responsible for ensuring standard turnaround time for issuance of new business quotations prepared by BDMs are met; review the sales process to ensure new business are accepted in accordance to prevailing business guidelines, risk management and underwriting profitability;
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of new business employee data, including placement documentation for billing, and liaising with internal operation team to resolve servicing and operational matters;
- Ability to review and update sales and marketing materials for the purpose of Agency Training or Corporate Client Presentation;
- Ability to strategise and formulate sales initiatives, campaigns and/or agency events to excite and motivate agents to bring in new business for AIA Corporate Solutions;
- To establish and maintain a strong business relationship with AIA Financial Services Consultants (FSCs) and their Agency Leaders to acquire new business for corporate insurance; responsible to increase the number of Active CS Agents month on month;
- Pro-actively sets appointments and personally meets with the Agency Leaders/FSCS during their monthly agency meetings;
- Follow up on outstanding policy premium collection promptly to ensure compliance to internal credit control;
- Ability to pitch and deliver corporate sales presentations jointly with BDMs and FSCs, as well as able to support and jointly conduct Employee Communication Sessions to the employees of the newly acquired corporate customers with the FSC;
- Participates in scheduled sales training and other professional development courses to enhance sales skills and ensuring the entire BD team including the Team Lead are Fit and Proper by completing the mandatory CPD hours requirement yearly on time;
- Undertake any other projects assigned from time to time such as products/services enhancements and market analysis;
- This position will be based at the AIA Agency Locations, namely Alexandra and Tampines
- Tertiary degree or diploma or equivalent industry qualifications;
- Candidates with CMFAS M5, M9, HI, BCP, PGI and ComGI certification will have an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in sales and marketing in the Employee Benefits / Group Insurance; prior experience in leading a sales team is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of Life and Health insurance products;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, especially in Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of Business Development Managers.
- Highly organized and with excellent attention to detail; ability to assist in management reporting is crucial.
- Able to work confidently in challenging situations.
- Proactive, independent and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
- Able to anticipate potential problems and know when to ask for help.
- A great communicator - via email, by phone and in-person.
- An excellent negotiator, and is resourceful and relentless in trying to get to a solution.
- Professional in appearance and demeanour, comfortable dealing with internal and external stakeholders across the enterprise
- Meticulous, service oriented and team player.
- Possess good written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & relationship-building;
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.
AIA Singapore Pte Ltd