Teaching Consultant/Senior Teaching Consultant (contract ends 2 June 2022), CEC
- This position is for Centre for English Communication.
- Curriculum Development.
- Design, implement and conduct writing and oral presentation courses for undergraduates and postgraduate/doctorate students.
- Teach discipline-specific writing to upper classmen.
- Create relevant online activities to enhance writing and presentation skills.
- Monitoring and Assessment.
- Design and administer tests and other assessment tools for internal purposes.
- Prepare examination or assessment papers for internal and external assessment.
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to students during consultation and conference sessions.
- Professional Development.
- Identify and attend relevant professional development courses/programmes.
- Foster the transfer of knowledge and experience amongst colleagues through the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Drive teaching innovation.
- Administrative Duties.
- Investigate and assess collusion and plagiarism cases and make recommendations to Director, CEC.
- Conduct standardization meetings.
- Act as a mentor for other Teaching Consultants.
- Assume the role and responsibilities of course co-ordinator for CEC courses.
- M.A. (English Language) and/or other relevant qualifications.
- 3 to 5 years experience in teaching writing and/or oral communication at university level, perferably in Singapore.
- Expertise in designing courses, creating curricular materials and effective assessments for university students is a necessary skill.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- Teamwork and professionalism with other teaching consultants, staff and all other stakeholders is essential.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University