UWCEA East is looking for a Teaching Assistant to join from August 2020.
The successful candidate would have a background in working with students with English as an Additional Language (EAL) or with students who learn differently.
- To support student learning in the classroom under the direction of the teacher and EAL Coordinator.
- Communicate effectively with students and ensure that their learning is prioritised and supported fully and appropriately.
- Engage in all aspects of student learning and curriculum, including programme delivery.
- Encourage English Language Learners pupils to interact with others and engage in activities in the classroom.
- Monitor and record student progress, well being and behaviour in an effort to better meet a student needs and goals
- Support students during break times as well as arrival and departure in the bus bay as required
- Promote the inclusion of all EAL pupils
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of individual/family circumstances and any other administrative duties as assigned.
- Build on the cultural and linguistic skills that each EAL learner brings to the classroom
- Minimum certificate/diploma in related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently and passionate about working with children.
- Excellent English (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience of working with students with English as an additional Language and / or students who learn differently is a distinct advantage.
- A growth-mindset
- Flexibility and a 'can do' attitude
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, working knowledge of Windows/Mac platform and collaborative software such as google calendar and event planning
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Wednesday, 17 June 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia