Teaching Assistant [East]
Reporting to the Primary School Leadership Team, the teacher assistant (TA) will assist and deliver instruction within the classroom environment and other settings to their allocated students in support of their learning.
- Communicate effectively with students and ensure that their learning is prioritised and supported fully and appropriately
- Assist in delivering targeted support within the classroom environment and other settings to the allocated students under the guidance of the teacher
- Work with the student individually or in a small group settings; supervising activities assigned by the teacher
- Engage in all aspects of student learning and curriculum, including programme delivery.
- Monitor and record student progress, well being and behaviour in an effort to better meet students’ needs and goals
- Support students during break times as well as arrival and departure as required
- Support the creation of opportunities that meet the needs of the identified student (e.g. social, emotional)
- Assist in planning, preparation and use of specialist materials and resources
- Observe the student and take anecdotal notes to inform planning of appropriate interventions, and next steps
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of individual/family circumstances
- Any other administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum certificate/diploma in related discipline
- Qualification in relevant fields of study (e.g., Learning Support, Special education) is desirable
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in similar capacity
- Excellent English (written and spoken) communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Must be passionate about working with children, reliable and flexible
- Experience working with students is essential and experience working with students with additional needs would be advantageous
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to ongoing professional learning is essential to keep up-to date and continue to improve own practice
- Proficient with technology including Google platforms, Gmail and Google calendar and a working knowledge of Mac
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia