Teacher of Primary School [Dover]
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by 6 November 2020.
UWCSEA has a vacancy for August 2021 at its Dover Campus for a Primary class teacher.
Working at UWCSEA
If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you. Here are some reasons why:
- You can be part of the College at an exciting time in its development. The implementation of our bespoke K–12 concept-based curriculum through a College-wide focus on concept-based teaching and learning, the integration of technology into teaching and learning, a significant focus on educating for ethical dispositions are just some of the exciting initiatives our staff are currently involved in.
- As a non-profit organisation, we invest a percentage of income into scholarships for approximately 100 students each year. These scholars come from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. You can teach and learn from these exceptional students.
- Our academic results are outstanding, but our focus on holistic education means all our students and teachers, from Kindergarten 1 to Grade 12 are involved in our activities, outdoor education, personal and social education, and service programmes.
- We provide a professional learning programme that brings international experts to the school and supports teachers in their professional learning journey.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm.
- To provide a happy, stimulating, safe learning environment for all children and bring a sense of energy, joy and fun to the classroom.
- To plan, teach and assess through engaging, developmentally appropriate learning experiences that promote the development of each child.
- To reflect continually on your craft as a teacher and commit to personal and professional development and growth.
- To build positive and effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- A good degree in Primary Education from an accredited institution and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are essential.
- Minimum 3 years’ International School experience preferred (8-11 year olds)
- To collaborate within a team, designing lessons and sharing resources to ensure excellence for all.
- To show a commitment to the 5 elements of the UWCSEA programme and to the wider community.
- To integrate technology effectively within the classroom for teaching and learning in a 1:1 setting
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students and will also occasionally volunteer for holiday Outdoor Education trips.
- The following would be an advantage:
- Experience with the Readers’ and Writers’ Workshop model
- Experience teaching students who are English Language Learners
- A desire to engage children in concept-based learning, where they develop big ideas both specific to subject areas and transcending them.
Along with a very competitive package, UWCSEA offers the incredibly high rewards that come from working with remarkable young people in a climate of innovation, collaboration and collegiality. Furthermore, the College offers outstanding levels of professional learning; we regularly hear from teachers that they learn more with us than at any other stage in their careers. Opportunities include structured internal courses, a self-driven Professional Learning Programme, support for further studies and an emphasis on concept-based teaching and learning. Above all, teachers are part of a professional learning community that allows them to share good practice and work with outstanding fellow teachers and practitioners.
Teachers arriving from overseas will be provided with relocation support, housing allowance, medical insurance, and repatriation support at the end of contract. Medical insurance is provided within industry-standard limits.
Teachers arriving from overseas may be entitled to tuition fee exemption for up to three children at the College, subject to evaluation of available places at the time of offer and/or the existing HR benefits package. Teachers’ children are subject to the same admission standards as all other applicants. It should be noted that provision for learning support is limited in scope.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia