Teacher of Middle School & High School Physical Education
All applications must be submitted through our portal to be considered for the role. Please visit the career page on our portal for the full job details.
UWCSEA Dover has a vacancy for the 2021/2022 school year for a Teacher of Middle School & High School Physical Education. The teaching responsibilities for this position will primarily be in the Middle School but includes some High School classes too. Applicants should have at least two years of teaching experience and hold a degree and recognised teaching qualification or certification. The successful candidate will be a highly resourceful and forward-thinking collaborator, passionate about delivering an exciting and engaging concept-based PE curriculum.
- Willing to contribute positively to the collaborative culture of the PE and broader Middle School and High School teams.
- Employ a wide variety of learning and teaching strategies including the use of new technologies to make learning both effective and enjoyable.
- Interested and experienced in exploring "big ideas" in PE with their students and considering ways to support their conceptual understanding.
- Keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
- A good degree and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are expected.
- The ability to engage with students and to engender enthusiasm for learning is a prerequisite for teaching at UWCSEA.
- Applicants should be enthusiastic about teaching within a multi-cultural environment. Flexibility of approach and a collaborative style are essential.
- Teachers should be willing and eager to participate in the five key elements of a UWCSEA education: Academics; Activities; Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education and Service.
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning.
- Pastoral expectations include the leadership of an Advisory class (mentor role)
- Capable and willing to coach teams throughout the year as part of the Activity programme. Coaches will be asked to mentor students in the role of Assistant Coaches as part of the Service programme.
- On average the College expects a yearly contribution of two sessions per week in each season to Activities and/or Service.
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students and will also occasionally volunteer for holiday Outdoor Education trips.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our learners.
- Has a desire to be part of the PE department's curriculum development, including the collaborative development of PE units.
Interest applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Friday, 4 December 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia